My training, qualifications & experience
After taking the preliminary courses up to Level 3, I studied and trained in Therapeutic (Person-Centred) Counselling at Strode College, gaining a CPCAB Diploma (Level 4).
During my training I worked as a counsellor-on-placement at Somerset and Wessex Eating Disorders Association (SWEDA) in Shepton Mallet. Post-qualification I worked as a counsellor at Glastonbury Surgery with the Counsellors' Collective South West.
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and am committed to their Ethical Framework. As such I have regular supervision, and engage in ongoing personal development practices including Mindfulness meditation, and undertake continuing professional development seminars and workshops, including lately:
- Understanding Depression (Open University)
- Psychodrama workshops (Golden Thread Playback Theatre and SWEDA)
- Supporting Those Affected by Eating Disorders (SWEDA)
- The Functions of Binge-Eating (BACP)
- Supporting People in Bereavement (BACP)
- Understanding Shame (BACP)
- Working with the Effects of Childhood Sexual Abuse (BACP)
- Identity Issues Post-Military Life (BACP)
- Understanding Sexual Violence (Somerset & Avon Rape and Sexual Abuse Support (SARSAS)).
Based in Shepton Mallet (Mendip), my counselling service is near to Glastonbury, Wells and Radstock.