My training, qualifications & experience
After taking the preliminary courses up to Level 3, I studied and trained in Therapeutic (Person-Centred) Counselling at Strode College, gaining a CPCAB Diploma (Level 4).
During my training I worked as a counsellor-on-placement at Somerset and Wessex Eating Disorders Association (SWEDA) in Shepton Mallet. Post-qualification I worked as a counsellor at Glastonbury Surgery with the Counsellors' Collective South West.
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and am committed to their Ethical Framework. As such I have regular supervision, and engage in ongoing personal development practices including Mindfulness meditation, and undertake continuing professional development seminars and workshops, including lately:
- Understanding Depression (Open University)
- Psychodrama workshops (Golden Thread Playback Theatre and SWEDA)
- Supporting Those Affected by Eating Disorders (SWEDA)
- The Functions of Binge-Eating (BACP)
- Supporting People in Bereavement (BACP)
- Understanding Shame (BACP)
- Working with the Effects of Childhood Sexual Abuse (BACP)
- Identity Issues Post-Military Life (BACP)
- Understanding Sexual Violence (Somerset & Avon Rape and Sexual Abuse Support (SARSAS)).
Based in Shepton Mallet (Mendip), my counselling service is near to Glastonbury, Wells and Radstock. In view of the current public health situation, however, I am offering counselling sessions by Skype and telephone only.